Vancouver has among the highest rates of women's cycling in North America and we have the opportunity to continue the momentum and to lead cities around the world. FANCY. FIERCE. FUN.
FANCY. FIERCE. FUN. You are invited to join Fancy Women Bike Ride on Sunday Sept 22nd!
The #FancyWomenBikeRide was born in 2013 in Izmir, Turkey and has since become a global women’s movement. Every year, FWBR is held on World #CarFreeDay and has grown to over 120 cities worldwide.
Because women can change the world, and the bicycle can help. Women’s visibility in urban spaces is key to claiming the right to the city. Cycling is a powerful way for women to become visible in society and a completely new way to interact with the city. Fancy Women Bike Ride is an event for women, organized by women to call for infrastructure and inspiration. The more women who cycle, the more women will be encouraged to cycle. FWBR will remind Vancouverites of (and introduce others to) the liberating joys of cycling and inspire more women to bicycle in cities by riding together along the great Adanac/Union bikeway/Seawall.
ROUTE (4.5 km):
Meet at WOODLAND PARK and ride the Adanac/Union bikeway toward Science World, finishing at DAVID LAM PARK to celebrate with new friends. The route is generally flat with reduced speed limits.
– Dress code: Fancy, fierce, fabulous (whatever makes you feel beautiful, strong and great!)
– Decorate your bicycle, pose for the cameras and take selfies, greet & smile at people during the ride.
– Be inclusive to all womxn and support those new to cycling (offer help!)
– Bring your friends, mothers, aunties & sisters and be prepared for a magical afternoon.
No registration required. You need a bike – Mobi by Shaw Go stations are at the start & finish points and they are providing FREE bikes for the ride! ( Promo code = fwbrmobi )
To use Mobi for FWBR:
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT: Click ‘Sign Up’ on the website (https://www.mobibikes.ca/) or by using the Mobi by Shaw Go app. This can be done anytime before or on Sept 22.
2. COMPLETE THIS GOOGLE FORM anytime BEFORE 4pm on ride day (or else you will be charged for overage fees). https://forms.gle/
3. On EVENT DAY Sept 22: Choose/’purchase’ the 24 Hour Pass. The promo code for the 24 Hour Pass will only load/work on this day (not in advance). PROMO CODE = fwbrmobi
4. You may pick a Mobi from any station to ride to Woodland Park.
5. After the ride, you are responsible for finding a docking station to end the ride. Wait for the bike to display “Return OK” and listen for a single beep. If riders do not end their ride properly the timer will not stop and any overages experienced after 19:00 will not be waived or refunded.Now everyone can participate. Huge thank you to Mobi by Shaw Go!
You may contact your local FWBR organizer and ask her if she needs help.
(Sunday) 16:00 - 23:50